Length 4h With Project Files MP4
Anyone starting a project in Scala, expanding a Scala project, or looking to establish coding standards as a means for helping junior Scala programmers come up to speed, will value this overview of Scala best practices by Scala expert Joshua Backfield.
Backfield’s extensive experience in both object-oriented programming and functional programming make him a Scala authority. He has ported multiple native C applications to Scala, introduced many coworkers to Scala, and taught them the underlying functional programming concepts. He uses that experience to offer a set of Scala guidelines that should make your Scala code base as great as it can be.
* Review and master the coding standards used by expert Scala programmers
* Learn methods for ensuring that junior level programmers adhere to coding standards
* Understand the norms for var and val usages and functions as objects
* Review standards for immutable vs. mutable data structures and for pattern matching
* Master axioms in OOP for use cases, instance methods, and mixing vs. deep inheritance
* Learn standards for advanced features like avoiding postfix notation and dynamic typing
* Understand best practices for syntax, concurrency, and self-documenting code